Downtown Presbyterian Church
June 4, 2014
Present: Max and Henrietta Levine, Grania Marcus, Arnie and Margaret Matlin, Gail and Peter Mott, Callie Rabe, Vic Vinkey.
I. Cuba Friendshipment
- Truck is arriving Thursday July10th; the loading and celebration will be on the 10th at the Flying Squirrel; the truck will leave Friday 11th in the morning; time for the loading party/celebration TBA.
- Storage at Doug Noble’s on Brunswick St.—call first; Callie will collect and bring donations to Flying Squirrel on the 9th.
- Arnie will bring pizza for the party will send out the announcement for party; Callie bring boom box; Callie, Vic and Grania willbring Cuban music
- The fundraising letter was approved with correction of the loading date; Grania will make corrections/additions; approved adding a self-addressed envelope;
- Grania will let Sami know that we want 300 copies of the letter and addressed enclosed envelopes and are planning the mailing party for Tuesday, June 10.
- Vic will check with Kathy Goforth to see whether she is willing to accept the checks again.
- Callie to contact Bob and Marilyn re mailing party.
- Arnie and Gail will help with mailing.
- Organizations to contact regarding possible donations of medical supplies:
- Vic will talk with Intervol about donations;
- Peter Mott has a contact at Rochester Orthopedics?;
- Arnie will contact Bob Good;
- Bob Kaiser may know someone at Al Sigl center.
- No expired medicines will be accepted; need to get check from Metro Justice to buy medicines; Arnie will buy obtain medicines.
II. ROCLA Planning Meeting
- Mia and Omar providing breakfast
- 14 signed up to come
- Denise Young will facilitate; ROCLA will provide a $100 honorarium.
- She will use a SWOT analysis (Strengths/weaknesses/opportunities/threats) to help us address what we need to do to make ROCLA sustainable in the future.
- Biggest concerns: attracting new, younger members and making new members feel welcome.
June 5, 2014