ROCLA Steering Committee Meeting
March 5, 2014
- No Steering Committee meeting April 2.
- Cuba Caravan special meeting: April 23, 5PM, DUPC
- Next regular Steering Committee meeting May 7, including a discussion of major issues.
Attending: Marilyn Anderson, Marilyn and Bob Kaiser, Arnie Matlin, Lou Montemaggi, Gail and Peter Mott, Vic Vinkey
Financial Report: Balance of $4,190.48
- Bob read Callie’s response to his letter.
- Unanimous agreement for ROCLA to co-sponsor John Honeck’s March 24 Archbishop Romero vigil.
- Unanimous agreement that Callie, Peg, Gloria and Sandy be listed as Honorary Steering Committee members.
- 6 Yes, 2 Abstentions for signing on to the Worker Justice Center letter re OSHA and dairy farms. Bob will sign ROCLA’s name to the letter.and mail it to Carly.
- April: Marilyn A will introduce Mauricio and ask for his SS #.
- May: Marillyn A will get our speaker’s SS #.
o Unanimous agreement to pay Gail Walker’s expenses
o Motts will provide home hospitality
May 15 – Jim A gets files
May 20 – final print to Metro Justice
May 27 – Mailing party
- Special meeting Wed., April 23, 5 PM at DUPC (Gail will ask for space).
- Vic will noto be taking the leaad this year, so he will ask Ream Kidane if he would be willing to organize the Friendshipment.
- We will ask Callie if she would be willing to be involved.
Rice and Beans ARNIE ANNOUNCED THAT GRANIA DESERVES A MEDAL!
THANK YOU, GRANIA FOR SHARING YOUR AMAZING EXPERTISE.
- Come at 3 PM, if you can, to help set up
- will keep record of pass-through expenses.
- Will bring cash to prime the pump
o Gail will bring napkins
o Tom will ask the Gates Guatemalan group if they could provide two people to be greeters and check in guests.
o Bob will invite Sami and Colin to be our guests
o Tom will be in charge of the sound system
o Media: Contact Gary McClendon of D&C, Tim Macaluso of City.
o Jon Garlock already has answered Grania’s request re labor; and Grania will notify Erin Young and already has sent out media advisory.
o Grania will send out media release on Mar.12
o Gail will contact IndyMedia about coverage
o Chain of command in case of snow emergency: Bob and Tom will make decision by noon on Friday, the 14th.
o Grania, Arnie and Gail will send out cancellation notices
o Arnie will meet his plane
o 12-3 PM If Ray is willing, Arnie will bring him to Yianni’s restaurant where SC and union members can have lunch with him. WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE PROVIDE DIRECTIONS. THE ONLY ONE I FOUND IS ON PIXLEY RD.
o Marilyn will let Peg know by Tuesday about the count. Suggested to ask for dinner for 110.
o Se tup starts at 3 PM
o Arnie will make RESERVED signs
o Gloria and Gail doing silent auction
o Tom in charge or live auction
Submitted by Gail Mott