We the undersigned are strongly opposed to the Trans-Pacific Partnership deal and urge you to oppose it in the 114th Congress and the 115th Congress next year.
We are opposed because this deal would:
- Permit foreign corporations to sue the U.S. government in private tribunals and order unlimited sums of taxpayer funds to be handed over to these corporations (Investor-State Dispute Settlement or ISDS agreements).
- Make it easier for corporations to ship jobs to other countries and cause pay cuts for 90% of American workers.
- Raise medicine prices and give expanded powers to Big Pharma corporations.
- Flood the U.S. with unsafe imported food.
- Undermine environmental climate policies.
- Threaten national sovereignty by making it possible to overturn national, state and local regulations.
- Ban “Buy American” provisions that help grow jobs here.